Girl Germs

See the story about the dude running for governor in Mississippi?

Robert Foster, the GOP candidate, got a lot of publicity because he refused to allow a female reporter accompany him, alone, as he traveled the state.

He seriously asked that a male join them because he’s concerned about being alone with a woman who isn’t his wife.

Seriously.

He’s seriously concerned about it because he doesn’t want to be tempted.

Pence, who may lead the league in creepy weirdness, has the same policy.

He doesn’t want anyone to tempt him away from his love of “mother”.

He calls his wife, “mother.”

Now, I don’t pretend to know anything about anyone’s marriage. I thought OJ and Nicole were getting along, and I’m certainly not Dr. Phil, although we can go to the same barber, but...

...I have been married for 22 years (seems a tad longer) and I HAVE been in rooms with women who aren’t my wife, and I know this is hard to believe, but I’ve been able to control my primal urges.

I heard Foster talk about it, and the female reporter was right there during the interview.

“The perception of me with a woman who is not my wife is something that matters,” he said. “A potential voter may see us and get the wrong idea.”

For a brief second I thought that perhaps that was a good reason, until the female reporter countered that with:

“What if the voter sees you with a man and perceives that you’re gay?”

Foster’s head was about to explode.

I laughed...

...and here’s the thing:

It’s a crappy way to slap down a woman professional.

I don’t buy his excuse.

If he can’t trust himself to not be tempted into trying to kiss her...

...well, he may not quite be governor material.

Then again, he’s running for governor of Mississippi.

Who knows what the deal is down there?

Yet, often wonder, a guy with that rule in his marriage...

...what does he do if he walks into a store and the only other living thing there has lady parts.

Does he run out?

Like we did in 3rd grade?

Yelling:

“Girl Germs!!”

“I got ‘Girl Germs’”.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie