Pair-Pair

My poor dog, Paris, has battled Addisons Disease for more than 5 years.

She gets a shot each month and takes a prednisone tablet each day. The poor dog drinks water like a madman every day.

And she’s usually racing around the house, chasing her tail, stealing bones from Melky.

She got sick on Friday...

...just stopped moving.

Sam sent me a text.

“She’ll feel better when I get home,” I said.

And Pair-Pair did respond to me, but she was definitely out of energy.

She got her monthly shot and we hoped that would get her moving.

On Saturday morning, in the middle of a conversation about her coming death, Paris came racing into the living room and jumped onto the couch.

A little while later, she jumped into the truck and I took her for a ride around the neighborhood.

Yet, she was only up for a little while, and since everyone else was out...

...it was up to me to keep an eye on her.

It was also a good excuse to get off my feet, and get some rest.

I got her to eat, and go outside.

On Sunday afternoon, she chased her tail.

She’s 10.

Melky is 13.

We’re going to face a couple of sad days I’m afraid, but just not this weekend.

We hung out and binge-watched the show “CHI” about life in Chicago...

...great show if you get a chance.

Paris liked it too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie