Bring the Heat!

Was on the 13th hole on Friday and got an idea to dig a little ice out of the cooler.

Put it on the back of my neck and then in my cap.

The heat felt good.

The sweat was all over.

I was hitting my drives straight, and still putting fine.

That’s what celebrating the 4th feels like...

...Americans are good at enjoying their days off.

I didn’t watch any of the Washington D.C. celebration.

I did see a clip about how Americans controlled the airports back during the revolutionary war, and I thought of Leslie Nielsen trying to sing the National Anthem during the ‘Naked Gun’ movie.

“And the rockets red glare and there were bombs everywhere.”

The TelePrompTer went off, evidently so Donald had to ad lib and of course, you can’t win a war without taking control of the airports.

I wasn’t big on the idea anyway...

... in fact, I’m going to say something controversial:

I hate fireworks.

They scare my dogs.

They hit the vets who suffer from PTSD.

People blow their hands off.

For what?

Ooooooh

Ahhhhhh!

And I’m all for celebrating the birthday of the country, but America is great cause of We the People.

Tanks? Airplane fly-overs, messed up speeches?

Keep all of that.

Give me some ribs off the grill, a round of golf with my friends, a visit with the family...

...and the summer heat.

“It’s hot!” The store clerk said.

“It’s perfect,” I answered.

Happy Birthday America.

I celebrated it right.

Bring on the heat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie