Behind the Freezer

10 years ago a 18-year-old kid went missing. He was a little troubled, but his family was sick with worry.

Turns out they had every reason to worry.

For ten years, they searched. The police were involved, of course, but there was little to go on.

Eventually everyone moved on.

The kid was declared dead.

His family mourned him.

Well, they found the kid a couple of days ago. He was stuck between the freezer and the wall in the back room of the grocery store where he worked.

Seems that back in 2009 the employees used to go up on top of a compressor where they could hang out on break.

Somehow, he slipped.

Ended up wedged behind the wall and the freezer and that’s where he died. They figured that the noise of the compressor drowned out his cries for help.

What a way to go!

I read the story in the New York Post so if you want names and stuff go and check it out...

...but it got me thinking about how there are a millions of ways to die.

About a hundred people a year die because they choked on a rubber band.

Can you imagine that wake?

“What happened?”

Horrible!

A lot of people die of the flu.

Incidents, accidents, mishaps and dumb things over and over.

I’m a safety consultant.

I see guys doing all sorts of dumb things. I chased a guy off three pails yesterday. He was standing on them. There was a ladder 8 feet away.

The day before, I yelled at a guy who was cutting steel with a saw.

He didn’t have any safety glasses on.

When I mentioned it, he got mad at me!

It’s hard to get people to do things they don’t want to do.

Wedged behind a freezer.

Poor guy.

I feel for the family and all who loved him.

Life is fragile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie