MLK Day


I actually call the first designated Martin Luther King Jr. Day.

There were a lot of people opposed to the declaration of the day.

There are still people who make jokes, comments and asinine suggestions.

They should read these words and think about them as they pertain to what MLK was trying to do.


"We cannot walk alone. And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.

We cannot turn back...

I say to you today...

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character...

One day, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls...

...as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream

Today.

This is our hope.

Work together.

Let freedom ring."


I don't quite think we're there yet.

Do you?

Fifty years later we couldn't accomplish what sensible people know is true?

I think the dream is more alive than ever...but on what is essentially just a partial day off across this nation...

...think about those words a little.

MLK wasn't really asking for a whole helluva' lot if you think about it.

Yet it still hasn't truly happened.

And there are still a million reasons why.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie