D.B. of the Week - Johnny Manziel

Yep.

Two D.B.'s of the week.

With Christmas and New Year's falling on Thursday's the past two weeks it didn't feel right to dirty the days with D.B. thoughts, but now that we are here in the new year, game on.

Johnny Manziel is a true D.B.

Or as they call him, 'Johnny Football.'

Well...let's recap, shall we?

The kid was a college standout at QB.

He got busted drinking.

(Not the end of the world).

But then it was just one bad decision after another. He posed for pictures in Vegas when he was supposed to be preparing for his job. He made dollar signs when he scored. He got in trouble with his coaches, his teammates, his family and was on the verge of trouble with the law time after time.

His draft stock slipped.

The Browns took a chance after he supposedly texted the president of the organization during the draft and told him how great he'd be.

They brought him in and he sat on the bench.

He finally got into a game, and he stunk.

He got in trouble again.

Then he made an impassioned speech about how he was gonna' grow up and that it was time to stop being a kid.

He played again and got hurt.

He had a party and missed work.

The Browns had to go find him.

He called himself a jackass.

I call him a D.B.

And so far he hasn't really done anything horrible, I suppose.

It's just a pattern of bad choice after stupid choice, after dumb comment.

"I like him," one of my sons said. "He's not afraid to be himself."

And I get that, I guess, but as an older gent it makes me wonder how someone who has a certain gift, has already been paid a king's ransom for not even doing anything yet, and has a chance to be a difference-maker in a lot of ways...can just pee all over it.

What makes someone self-destruct?

I initially thought that Johnny Football would one day be a star.

I really did.

I don't think that anymore.

I think he's just destined for one single award:

D.B. of the Week - January 3, 2015

Comments

Damonkk720 said…
Don't really follow sports,but if what you say is true he is clearly deserving of the award. So sad that so many in real life follow a similar lifestyle and blame society for their own self destruction.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie