Kindness, Clutter, Organization & A Freaking Vacation

We didn't do a dang thing on New Year's Eve.

Well actually, Jake went to a friend's house, Matt was at a party, and Kathy, Sam and I toasted the New Year at 11:00 - countdown and all - because I couldn't stay up another hour.

Bye-bye - 2014.

Hello 2015.

Yet on New Year's Day we thought about marking the change with something...I mentioned Buffalo Wild Wings and before Kathy could object hard enough the boys cemented the deal.

We sat around the hot wings with the television showing the football games and we talked about 2015.

Kathy handed out the resolutions:

Jake would be kinder.

Sam would be more organized.

She would remove the clutter from every freaking room in the house...

...and I would vow to be happy.

"I'd be happy if we got rid of the clutter," I said.

I smiled as I did so and everyone jumped on the fact that I looked happy.

I had resolved not to make any resolutions, but I actually thought of one as I sat there.

"What about breaks?" I asked.

"Do you think it's conceivable that we can actually plan, book, and go on a vacation?"

There's always been a reason not to go.

"You have to be willing to not go to work for 5 days," Kathy said.

(Not an easy thing to pull off).

"How about our baseball trip?" I ask.

We always manage to see a game in a new park. We've been to Cleveland, Toronto, Pittsburgh, Philly, and Yankee Stadium.

"How about Detroit?" I asked.

"Or back to Philly - the Gag's are waiting."

"San Francisco!" Sam said.

That was a bit far for a casual drive. I'm not Clark Griswold.

And in the end we just ate our wings.

We didn't resolve anything.

But I've heard kindness.

I've smiled at least 3 times.

The clutter has lessened.

We're on the right path.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie