D.B. of the Week - Sheldon Silver

Another easy one.

In fact, if Silver is guilty of what they are saying that he's guilty of then this should be a lifetime achievement award.

Of course, Sheldon Silver is allegedly a crooked politician.

Go figure.

The story goes that Silver received millions of dollars for absolutely nothing.

He abused his power to do favors in order to receive a healthy paycheck.

Sheldon Silver is the D.B. of the Week and has probably been the D.B. of a whole lot of weeks.

And this is where I go off on a bit of a rant.

There aren't many people I despise more than those who steal money from the hard-working people of this or any other state.

I am also quite annoyed that any discussion of politicians ends with one or the other party saying:

They're all a bunch of crooks.

Why do we accept that as just the way it goes?

How in the hell is Silver still sitting in the assembly as he answers the questions about these charges.

Yeah. Yeah.

I get innocent until proven guilty, but don't we have a restricted list for allegedly crooked politicians?

Why do we allow special interests to run this country?

Why can people put $800 million dollars in a fund to get the officials they want to get elected?

Why can you steal a ton of money and be deemed as powerful while the slob who doesn't want to work, who sits home, takes all the flack for the pennies they are stealing from the social security system?

In other words:

Why do powerful guys like Silver get away with it eventually?

When I was on the plane last week the guy seated next to me was watching The Wolf of Wall Street.

He laughed all the way through.

Well, here's a secret.

I hated that movie.

I hated the book - which I couldn't read.

I don't think it's cute when people steal millions.

It aggravates the hell out of me.

I have been saying for years that the upper class is robbing the middle class and they have convinced the middle class to blame the lower class!

Millions and millions.

Lying, cheating and flat-out stealing.

You know what happened to the dude from The Wolf of Wall Street?

He paid a fine and received a token visit to a country club.

Now He lives in a mansion.

I'm sure that we would all steal a hundred million if we knew that our only penalty was a $2 million fine.

Here's hoping that Silver pays the price if he is found guilty.

Really pays the price.

What a D.B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty