D.B. of the Week - Greg Anthony

We watch a lot of college basketball in my house.

My son Sam loves the Villanova Wildcats.

So much so that we have to watch nearly every game.

I don't know how, but he finds the games on channels that can only be played on the big television.

"You're going to bed at nine," he'll announce to me. "The Wildcats are on."

Yet I use television as background noise, really. I'll go to social media, read newspapers, send emails...all the while listening to the hoops and hollers of a crazed fan.

I find myself rooting for Villanova, of course...but I also hear all the announcers and know the standings.

One such announcer...Greg Anthony...who used to do the games for CBS...is now the D.B. of the Week.

Anthony lost his job this week.

You know why?

Not because he wasn't a good announcer...

Not because he didn't know the game...

Not because he wanted more money...

Nope.

He lost his job (which I'm sure paid him millions) because he was arrested.

Drugs?

Domestic violence?

Nope and nope.

Anthony was arrested for solicitation of a prostitute.

Seriously.

A 47-year-old man was picked up by the police for trying to pick up and pay for the services of a prostitute.

Just a weird story, actually.

"He's a good announcer," my boys said.

He was.

No one will touch him now.

(Figuratively).

He lost a great job, calling the game he loved, for a crime that is 'only' punishable by a fine less than $2,000.

That's a D.B. move.

And one may ask...who is he really hurting?

Well...himself...for one...that's a tough gig to lose.

Congrats, Greg Anthony...

11 years in the NBA.

A great college career.

A good announcer.

Millions of dollars...

and

You'll be remembered as 'that dude who tried to pick up the prostitute'

(there seriously has to be a lesson there)

and

D.B. of the Week, of course.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie