Cheaters!

Despite the fact that I complained about the sport all year - and it is a pretty lousy sport, overall - we did watch the football championship games over the weekend.

"Who you got?" Sam asked late last week.

"I want the Packers and Patriots," I said.

"Ugh," he said. "I can't believe you like the Patriots."

We got into the discussion about discipline, organization and not tooting one's own horn.

(Now a lot of people hate Tom Brady and his hoodie wearing coach in these parts, but they are not loudmouths about their work).

I admit they can rub people the wrong way...but have you ever heard them brag?

Anywhoha...

We watched the games together.

Early on we were thrilled with the Packers winning because we are not a fan of the Seahawks running back, Marshawn Lynch, or Richard Sherman or even Doug Baldwin...or Pete Carroll...

...they are loud, crotch-grabbing, and full of the "everyone doubted us" hate talk that seems to come with every win.

But the game got away from Green Bay in a classic meltdown...

...so there was general discomfort as game 2 began.

"What if the Patriots win it all?" Sam asked.

"I'm gonna' get a Championship Hoodie so I can store stuff in the pockets and I'm gonna' wear it around your aunts, uncles and grandmother."

Sam loved that.

"They'll rip you limb from limb."

"Why do you have to aggravate everyone?" My beautiful wife eventually asked.

"'Cause it's fun."

"Idiot."

The game wasn't close.

The Patriots were an absolute machine and eventually won 45-7.

After the game they were being accused of cheating because the footballs they supposedly were using when they were on offense had less air in them then the ones the Colts were using.

The story picked up a lot of steam in Buffalo.

"I knew it!"

"They always cheat!!"

"Belicheat!!!"

Calm down, folks.

They've won 70% of their games over the last 15 years.

Is it because the football they've been using an ounce lighter than the one their opponents have been using?

And I must admit...

...that's not truly gamesmanship...

...but at this point it appears they'd win if they were using a medicine ball and their opponents had the regulation football.

I prefer to think it's more about the discipline and the game plan.

Then again.

I don't really care.

I just wanna' win some squares....

...and aggravate a few people along the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie