Born Yesterday


Life is weird.

Leading up to the Vegas trip I had talked myself into really craving the warm weather.

When I stepped off the plane late last night and walked outside the freezing air hit me in the face and I thought:

Thank God, I'm home.


Now don't get me wrong...I enjoyed going outside in shorts and a tee-shirt.

I enjoyed being around the excitement and craziness that is Vegas.

I really enjoyed making a speech in front of a packed room and having them all leave that room talking about me.

As I told one of my co-worker buddies from Syracuse:

"I didn't come here to make the second best speech."

I had jet-lag really bad.

I woke at about 2:30 for the 7 a.m. conference and then stayed out until 1:00 the following morning.

I'm 50!

I can't do that anymore!!

There were steaks.

Three of them.

One better than the last.

And then there was the frozen air hitting me in the face.

A lot of the people I met said:

"You're from Buffalo?"

Then they'd ask:

"How can you live there?"

We'd laugh, but what I should have said was:

"Very comfortably."

Sometimes it seems like we're born yesterday.

Never in quite the right place to feel content.

Our minds wander to faraway lands.

It's good to be home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie