Stranded

Every time there's a major snow event you hear the horror stories.

People stuck in their cars.

Men dropping dead as they try and clear the snow out of their driveways.

We all want the ability to move freely.

When it is suddenly taken away from us we lose it...and do things we maybe shouldn't be doing.

I remember a few years ago when the woman across the way was out trying to shovel in front of her garage...we're talking three to five feet...

"I have to get to my hair appointment," she said.

The woman knew Moses. I'm talking...in her 90's.

"There's no hair appointment today," I said.

She was an absolute mess, but I got her back into the house where she waited out the storm.

Now everyone knows that I'm a cautious guy...I'm a safety man, for crying out loud...not to mention a giant wimp...

But I don't take that one chance that is gonna bite me.

The snow will melt eventually, right?

(I'm not sure with this current batch).

The house is warm.

We have pasta.

Everyone is safe.

Why push the envelope?

"We have to start clearing it," my beautiful wife said on Wednesday as the announcement of the 6th death came across the wire.

"Why? We have more coming."

"But we need to get out someday!"

Perhaps.

Yet trying to move 5 feet of snow so that you can get your car out to drive down streets that are closed?

I didn't see the point.

This too shall pass.

And if it doesn't...

...well, someone will be by to find us...

Stranded is better than gone.

The clean-out begins today.

I hope To God!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie