Seven Hundred Pounds

I had to hit the road for a couple of days.

Back to Kansas City where they are still pissing and moaning about the World Series loss.

I had to bring it up to the guys I know out there, but being from Buffalo they quickly reminded me that the Chiefs had just beat the Bills.

So, that lost a bit of steam.

Yet traveling around is not good for diet, rest, or my ability to tolerate total strangers.

Shall we recap?

I went to a Mexican Restaurant for lunch on Monday.

A huge burrito.

The guy who was with me asked me if I had ever tried fried ice cream.

God it's good.

Of course that night I had to get a good Kansas City steak. That was served with a couple of florets of broccoli so I was feeling good.

This is crazy, I thought. I need to eat better or I'm going to weight 700 pounds by the time this trip is over.

And I almost made it.

I had fruit for breakfast the next morning.

I skipped lunch.

And then I walked around the Detroit airport looking for something good to eat. I even sat down in a Japanese restaurant thinking there had to be healthy choices on that menu, but I couldn't make heads or tails of what the hell they served, so I left.

Ate a slice of pizza and nearly made it by Mrs. Fields cookie store.

"How much are the peanut butter chocolate brownies?" I asked.

"$3.75," she said.

I had a five-dollar bill in my hand.

There was a skinny guy on my right shoulder saying 'No!'

The rest of me didn't give a crap.

I forked over the five.

God.

It was good.

It was, fortunately, the last thing I ate on the trip, but I felt miserable after I ate it.

So glad to finally be home.

"We're having a good dinner tomorrow," I said.

Fried ice cream and peanut butter brownies.

No wonder all the people you see at the airport look like hippos.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie