Here We Go! Just Absurd!!


Woke up to a dusting of snow on Saturday morning.

On Sunday the driveway was a sheet of ice and there was a report going around that we were going to see from one to two feet of snow between Monday evening and Wednesday morning.

"Don't fret," I remarked on one Facebook post. "It's only for 8 months of so."

Then I added:

"If our sports teams weren't awesome we'd all be leaving this area."

You know...

...My usual aggravation-inducing-crap.

But truthfully, I was in a deep sense of dread. I go out in the stuff on a daily basis. My toes get cold. My hands freeze. The driving sucks. Worrying about the kids getting home in a blizzard is brutal.

Who needs it?

And I dream of a day when I will be in Arizona when the big snow hits. I'll be worried about setting up a tee time as my Western New York friends are shoveling snow.

On that same Facebook post, of course, there were comments by people who said:

"I love the snow!"

"It's the best time of the year!"

Really?

You like putting on 4 layers of clothes?

You enjoy scraping the car windshield with your bank card because you can't find the freaking scraper?

Spinning off the thruway is fun for you?

"I love going hiking in the snow!"

"I love skiing!!

"I have the snowmobile out!!!"

How do I answer those people?

Electric blanket.

Episodes of Homeland.

A plate of pasta.

And then the storm really began at around 3 a.m. on Tuesday morning.

By noon at least 3 and probably closer to 4 feet of snow had buried us.

The dogs wouldn't go out.

There was no sense in trying to clear any of it because it just kept falling.

"This is it! We're going to be buried. We're doomed!"

The more we joked, the worse it got until it reached the point of absolute danger.

4 dead.

Dozens stranded in their cars.

People without power.

And the news telling us that there will be more.

Perhaps 100 inches of snow before it's all said and done?

I can't even pretend to think that I'll be out of the house on Wednesday.

It's not even a remote possibility.

See you in May?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie