Chris Rock on SNL

I'm a big Chris Rock fan.

I also really enjoy stand-up comedy.

Chris Rock opened up Saturday Night Live this week with a few jokes that touched on subjects that really tend to ratchet people up:

Terrorism - 9/11 and the Boston Marathon

Religion - commercializing Christmas

Guns - We shouldn't own a race car.

Well, judging by the reactions of some people you would've thought that Chris Rock said that he was for terrorism, hated Jesus, and wanted every single gun out of every single hand.

He didn't.

In fact, comedy is such a thing...it's making the routine seem ridiculous...it's making the absurd seem normal...it's about exaggerating...it's about talking about what people don't wanna' talk about...it's about feeling uncomfortable as you're listening.

I had absolutely no problem with the monologue.

I laughed at a number of the jokes.

But man, there were a lot of people, 'up in arms' so to speak.

That's what is wrong these days.

Everyone is so thin-skinned.

Everyone feigns horror.

For cripes sake...he's a comedian!

He tells jokes.

What are the off-limit subjects?

His gun stuff was funny as hell.

He spoke of regulating guns enough to keep machine guns out of people's hands and he received death threats. When he learned of the death threats he thought, 'damn, I need a gun.'

Good stuff.

People are talking about Chris Rock taking away their 2nd amendment rights!

Really?

I joke about a lot of stuff.

I say things about people I love.

I drive my wife and kids crazy with lines...just in this blog that they supposedly said.

They get it!

"I'm a character in the play running through his mind," my beautiful wife says.

Right!

Chris Rock did not say that he enjoyed 9/11 or the Boston Marathon.

He told a joke about being afraid to return to big buildings.

He told another about not running 26 miles.

Those subjects are forever off-limits?

Check the charity efforts of the man immediately following the terrorist attacks. He isn't for terrorism. He doesn't want your guns.

He's telling jokes!

So, I guess I don't get it.

We used to have Archie Bunker.

Now we have a whole bunch of people pretending to be offended.

Silly.

Comments

Unknown said…
Exactly!! Thank you for being a person who is using that rare spice called common sense. Laugh people, it is another spice of life!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie