You're Too Fat

So what do you think of Mayor Bloomberg's edict that the big sodas and huge slurpee drinks should be banned in an effort to get people slimmed down a bit?

There are a lot of people up in arms. It seems a bit intrusive to me, to be honest.

Yes, there are some big bastards walking around. Sure, health care costs are out of hand because people are breaking down due to all sorts of sugar-related diseases. But, man, talk about trying to take away all of the choices.

We now have taxes on beer and cigarettes that make it almost ridiculous to try and keep killing ourselves. We add a ban on sweet drinks to it, what's next? A tax on greasy brugers and french fries.

That's exactly what's next.

I don't drink any sort of sweet drinks. I'm not sure that I've had three sodas in a year. I read an article about what it does to the body so I sort of decided against it.

Now that I don't drink beer either, I am stuck with just water. I don't do it because I'm health conscious and I'm not exactly Olyve Oil. So perhaps the sugary drinks aren't the cause of all of the problems.

Bloomberg tries and ban pasta and we're gonna' have a major problem.

The thing is, the initiative smacks of someone sitting on high and smacking down the peasants. He's so much smarter than the rest of us that he has to tell us what's good for us.

Yet the thing about it is that he's right. Have you ever tried to order the small soda at the movie theatre. It's at least 32 ounces. I remember taking the kids to the movie when they were young. They wanted a soda. They could have bathed in the 32 ounce pail.

"What's the large? Do they just hook a hose up to your seat?" I asked the attendant.

"That'll be seven dollars," he replied.

I just wonder if Bloomberg has any bad habits.

What would he think if someone like me told him that he had to stop and that he didn't have any say in the matter?

What will be the penalty if you're busted drinking out of a container that's too big? A year in jail?

Hell, we can't even put a drunk-driving, texting, hit and run rich guy in jail here in Buffalo. Perhaps if Dr. Death had been sipping a slurpee we could have nailed him.

Can Bloomberg save people from themselves?

I doubt it.

We're too fat. We're too lazy, We're too stupid to save ourselves.

Deal with it.

Pass the pasta.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty