Oh Happy Days

Just read that Erin Moran, Joanie from Happy Days and Joanie loves Chachi, is living in a trailer. She's flat broke, she is taking care of an ailing mother and the only money coming in is the result of her husband's check as a worker at Wal-Mart.

Damn, that's sad, huh?

Wasn't she on television for like 20 years? She was shortcake for crying out loud. Where's the Fonz when you need him?

Of course, growing up in the 70's I watched Happy Days every Tuesday night. In fact, it was one of those shows that we all set our television schedules around because in those days, if you missed it, you didn't catch it on the DVR 3 days later.

I'm thinking I had a bit of a crush on Joanie. She was no Winny Cooper, mind you, but I certainly didn't want to see her with Chachi...he was everything I wasn't.

There's a story going around that the crew from Happy Days didn't receive money when it all went into syndication and while that didn't screw the main members, Ralph Malph, Potsie and Joanie suffered.

Hey, remember the episode when Joanie had the crush on Potsie?

That was so sweet.

I may have shed a tear.

The article from yesterday spoke of a lonely life of hard work, love and poverty. Who would have ever thought it could happen to our shortcake?

Thank God I stuck with Winny as my main love.

She's aged pretty well, and I hear she's going to be divorced soon.

Then again:

She's no Kathy Fazzolari

Comments

Larry L said…
I seen the article on Winny, she has aged well!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie