Nip Slip

I recall a day about ten years ago as I sat in my parents kitchen just chatting with Mom and Dad. We were watching CNN and a news report came on about the pop singer, Madonna. Mom wasn't paying attention, but Dad was.

"Watch this," he whispered to me.

Then at the top of his voice he said: "That Madonna is beautiful."

"Is that what you like? Whores?" My mother called out. "She's a whore!"

Dad laughed and I joined it.

"What the hell is that about?" I asked.

"I mentioned she was good looking," Dad said. "It set her off."

Dad would have been all over last night's story. It seems that Madonna took her 53-year old breast out and showed it to the crowd somewhere across the sea.

Isn't enough, enough?

30 years ago it would have been front page news. It hardly made a ripple last night.

And I kind of don't get why she'd do it. First off, haven't we already seen everything she has?

Secondly, and let's be sensitive here, she's kinda' long in the tooth.

I'm not even sure I'd want to see it.

Ah, hell, why not? I'm sure I'd take a peak.

Yet it must be something to be on top of the world, and then fall into relative obscurity. Her US Tour went poorly. She is no longer the sex symbol of the world. She lip-synched the Super Bowl.

I'm thinking I'll give Mom a call and get her opinion on the matter.

"That's a whore!" she'll call out.

I can still hear Dad laughing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie