Some of My Favorite Words

One of my buddies was texting me the other day and he mentioned something about my basketball skills.

"You're putrid," he said.

I had to laugh.

I love that word: putrid.

And it got me thinking about a lot of other words that I enjoy.

In no particular order.

Chide, pathetic, cesspool, rancid, panties, sanctify, horrified and annihilated.

All right, most of those words sort of fit into the context of something or other...very true adjectives that paint a picture in the mind of the reader or listener.

Panties? You ask?

Don't ask. Most guys like that word.

Here's some more:

Psycho, Hyperventilate. Putrid, Humungous, Ambidextrous, Imbecile and Vomatorium

Once more I have painted a picture.

I like ambidextrous because whenever I hear it I say the same thing:

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous." (thanks Palmer).

And 'imbecile' might be in my top five in a list of words of all time.

What words might top those, you ask?

Let's count the top three down. The number one answer is actually two words but they need to go together.

You'll see why.

#3 - Rectum.

I know. But whenever I hear the word I think of two things.

"Rectum???? It almost killed him!"

and

We had a driver who worked for one of the construction companies who wrote out a maintenance slip about his truck:

"Damn loose spring entered my rectum, and I didn't enjoy it."

I love that he used rectum.

#2 Bastard

Just love the word. I like saying it, I enjoy being called it. It's a wonderful word. In fact, see number 1.

#1 Rat Bastard

Just perfect. I can hear my grandfather saying it. I can hear my Dad saying it. I laugh every time I say it or someone else says it.

"You rat bastard!"

It doesn't get any more colorful than that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie