Bouncing on a Mushroom

So I have a little bit of an understanding on what has been destroying me ever since January. The back and neck are feeling a bit better but the overall cause of sort of everything is the hip and groin pain.

Took the medical community quite some time, but it appears that I have a torn labrum in my hip when the guy behind me decided to stop...after he hit me.

Wasn't even aware there was a labrum in my hip.

Anywho-ha...they figure that it'll have to be fixed with surgery, but you know what?

I'm too freaking busy.

The hours slide by. I hear the docs in my ear telling me to try and work less. "Get off it," they say.

I told the doc he'd have to wait until the Fall. He laughed and called me an animal.

10, 12, 14 hours...rest tomorrow...damn, why does my hip hurt?

What-freaking-ever!

Yet Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky has been a little dour as of late.

"You need something to relax with," my beautiful wife opined the other evening.

(There's a good word - opined).

"You used to have golf or you'd go to the YMCA...you need something...you're too tense."

Uh, ya' think?

Let's look at what I was doing when I met my lovely wife:

Writing, Softball, Golf, Basketball, More Golf, Drinking Beer, Golf, More Beer, Video Games, Golf and Eating to Excess.

Just a little less than 20 years later?

Writing, Eating to excess and bitching at the hoodlums.

Problem being...what can I do now?

Golf, basketball, softball, more golf, golf and golf are out.

I can't play video games anymore because when I was playing it wasn't how it is now. The players didn't have facial expressions back when I played. I wasn't running through the wilderness holding a huge gun, or trapping hookers on the side of the road.

I don't think they make Kaboom anymore.

I can't drink beer anymore either because it doesn't sit well and I have to piss every twelve minutes.

"What should I do?" I ask my beautiful wife. "Knit something?"

"I don't know but you have to find something or you're gonna' be hanging from a beam in the garage."

So, I'm working. Hobbling. Writing reports, visiting sites.

Next few days I might head out and look for an old copy of Asteroids or something.

What was that one with the little Italian carpenter bouncing on mushrooms?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie