Happy Birthday

Off to NYC today for the awards ceremony for the New York Book Festival. Oh Brother! The Life & Times of Jeff Fazzolari will be honored and I promise to deliver plenty of photos from the big city.

The ironic part, of course, that June 22 is also Jeff's birthday, and every single time I think of it, it makes me smile.

He sent me a present for his day, I suppose.

And the 27-time World Champion Yankees are playing the Mets tomorrow night.

I imagine that I'll find a Yankee bar to catch the game in.

And I'm thinking a dish of pasta somewhere at one of the gourmet restaurants. You know, where the top chefs perform.

I always get fired up about going to New York. I remember being there a few years ago and not wanting to go to sleep because there was just too much going on right outside my window.

What am I dreading?

The ride from the airport to the hotel.

The small hotel room.

So many people.

A Mets victory?

All right, so that one probably won't happen.

Yet I can't help but think that this trip is on Jeff. He's not paying for any of it, mind you, but he didn't pay for any of the other trips either.

Honored.

That's the word that keeps popping into my head.

Oh yeah, one other thing:

I'm going to make a roomful of authors and publishers and agents laugh really hard.

I mean, Jeff is.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty