Ten Days of Rain

We sort of got tricked there, didn't we?

The sun shining and the high temps had us all dreaming of a summer that stretched from May thru November.

We gotta' find something to bitch about, right?

Speaking of which:

I read through the juror statements from the Dr. Death trial here in Buffalo. It still really bugs me. The jurors didn't hear the whole story. They didn't really understand why they were there, if you ask me, and I blame CSI and all the other shows on television. They became a part of the story.

They got tripped up in the details. The one's who are judging shouldn't be the lead story. Plain and simple. The action should dictate the result. Man hits girl. Girl dies. Man is responsible and that equals man being held responsible.

It's easy to get lost in the trees, I guess. No one is really responsible is hard for me to understand.

If OJ could be set free when there was a gallon of her blood in his truck anything can happen.

And speaking of judges taking over...An ump clearly missed a call in the no-hitter tossed by New York Mess pitcher Johan Santana...I don't have a major problem with that, but the umps are out of hand. Besides, raising chalk means fair ball...a little league ump can tell you that.

The problem being I know the names of a dozen umps. The other night one of the umpires threw out a coach in the 27-time World Champion Yankees dugout because the coach looked at him funny.

Not kidding.

Everyone wants to be famous. Even the judges.

One more on judges.

Isn't Howard great on AGT?

I've actually sat through the show to watch him do his thing. I won't be a regular watcher, though, because most of the acts are irritating and the whole million dollar prize crap drives me nuts. Name one past winner. I dare you.

Yet we all judge things every single day, don't we?

This is right, that is wrong, she should have said this, he should have said that. We judge character, talent, and bad behavior. We judge right from wrong, good from bad and smart from stupid.

"The ump called one that bounced a strike," Sam told me by way of explaining a strike out the other day.

"You didn't argue, did you?" I asked.

Now anyone remembering me as a kid might laugh at that...I argued whether or not it looked like rain when I played...

"No, but it sucked," Sam said.

"That's how it'll go most of the time," I told him.

It'll rain when you want the sun to shine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty