Hot Enough For Ya'?

Being a creature of habt, to the point of mental illness, I do the same things each day. I stop at the same convenience store for the paper and see the same clerk each morning. I couldn't tell you her name, but she's a nice lady. We chat.

Of course, she also chats with hundreds of other people as well. I sort of tease her about it.

Because she hears the same shit every day.

"It's cold out there."

"It's a nice day, if you're a duck," when it's raining.

"God, it's windy."

"Is it hot enough for you?"

I always ask her if anyone has mentioned it to her.

She just rolls her eyes.

And it's senseless of course. The small talk about the weather is very often just something to complain about.

I don't mind the hot weather. In fact, it's way better than the blowing snow and freezing cold.

And I get to show off my summer body.

Of course, the hot weather is just temporary. In 60 days we'll be thinking about the cold again.

"I can't believe how cold it is today," will be a major part of that poor woman's life, real soon.

I just don't know how she comes up with something clever to say to each and every person that she sees walk through the door.

I suppose you really have to like people.

There's a job I can't do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie