"What A Douche Bag You Are"

That was the title of a comment posted to my blog - it was an anonymous comment, of course, on the Trayvon Martin case. The guy who posted it said:

"You're a liberal and a coward, that's why you jumped all over the case because you just listen to the liberal media."

Funny. I'm the coward and the guy or gals post was anonymous. Just found that interesting.

Secondly, the liberal media?

Where did I get my information to write my Trayvon post?

I listened to the 911 Call. There was about 15 minutes of it. My stance on the deal comes from that call alone. I read everything. From Ted Nugent to Rush to Bill O'Reilly to Obama to Dubya and back and I sort of make up my mind from there.

It seemed painfully simple to me.

Zimmerman called 911. That's a fact.

He reported suspicious behavior. Fact.

The 911 operator told him to stay in the car, help was on the way. He didn't. Fact.

Martin died. Fact.

He had candy and iced tea and was unarmed. Fact.

Was there a fight? Did Zimmerman fear for his life? Did he pull the trigger?

Assumptions may be made about all of those things, but there is one simple fact.

Had Zimmerman stayed in his car and waited for the police Martin would be alive.

Fact.

Liberal, conservative, douche bag or card-carrying, gun-wielding maniac...that fact would not have changed had the man listened.

Could the 911 call have been tampered with? There certainly is evidence of that when Zimmerman is describing the individual he is stalking, but the 911 operator very clearly asks if he is following the man and says, very clearly:

"We don't need you to do that."

So how can it be spun to show that I'm a douche bag?

Did I shoot Martin?

Did I punch Zimmerman?

Is it my stance on less murders that is aggravating? Because I truly can't root for more murders.

Did I say we should not be able to defend ourselves?

Because we should always have the right to bear arms...if the British are coming.

Yet I really wish I didn't have to read, in the liberal media, about 16,000 murders a year - American citizen on American citizen.

Put a positive spin on that one for me.

I will change my opinion if you truly believe that we should have more murders.

And to be perfectly honest, I don't really give two craps about someone criticizing something that is my opinion. I heard the call. I made up my own mind. You obviously heard the call from another point-of-view, one that did not take into consideration the dead kid on the ground.

Zimmerman was arrested. So there are others who saw it my way. I guess we'll see how it plays out, but it's not really a game of right and wrong. Trayvon Martin is dead.

And he wouldn't be if Zimmerman had stayed in the car.

But that's just my opinion.

And we all know I'm a douche bag.

Comments

lmseiler@gmail.com said…
I totally agree that if Zimmerman had stayed in the car as he was told to do there would not have been a murder. His job as the neighborhood watch guy was to report it to the police and not to take the law into his own hands. The laws in the South are weird and I could never live there.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie