A is for Apple...J is for Jacks

So I was texting a buddy of mine and he said something disgusting.

"I almost threw up my Apple Jacks," I said.

That set him off. He wanted to know why a man of 47 years of age was still eating Apple Jacks. In fact, he thought it was the funniest thing ever and just kept harping on it.

Am I not supposed to be eating Apple Jacks anymore? Should I be eating Grape Nuts or Fiber One? Granola?

Now I do realize that it isn't the best of choices for breakfast, but I went so long not eating breakfast that I sort of compromised. When I don't eat anything when first waking up I eat lunch as if there's a gun to my head.

Hence the Apple Jacks.

When we were kids we'd eat an entire box of cereal every morning. Cap'n Crunch, Count Chocula, Franken Berry, Lucky Charms.

I remember distinctly that John's favorite was Honeycomb. I was partial to Franken Berry.

The one thing that's crazy about it is the price. My box of Apple Jacks was $4.29 Does it cost that much to make? Am I paying for all of those commericals?

Truth be told I did try the other kinds of cereals, you know, the one's that are good for me, but they sort of turned me off from eating breakfast.

Let me hear from you...am I too old to be eating Apple Jacks?

I saw a box of Quisp the other day...is that better?

Cocoa Pebbles?

Fruit Loops?

Comments

deafjeff said…
Oatmeal meal brother! It keeps the diabeetus away.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie