Chucky Cheese!


Man, it was a terrific meal. As he was obligated to do my brother-in-law Charles took my son Sam out to dinner at the Outback to pay off his football bet from the 2011 season. I was Sam's plus one and my sister was Chuck's plus one.

We sort of ripped poor Charles up when it came to ordering what we'd have.

Price was no object.

What did I have, you ask?

Shrimp on the barbie. Very good.

Pecan salad. Excellent.

The porterhouse steak with a loaded bake potato. The steak was cooked perfectly. A little short on the sour cream for the potato but the bacon bits and chives helped.

Stupendous.

I also had a side lobster tail. Every bite of that was perfect. It could have been bigger.

I didn't want to fill up on bread so I only had a couple of pieces of the pumpernickel bread, but I give it high marks. It was warm enough to melt the butter.

"What is the most expensive dessert you have?" Sam asked the waiter.

Chuck didn't bat an eye.

The waiter recommended a bowl of ice cream with coconut shavings and strawberries.

It was a good recommendation. It settled my stomach from my 3,500 calorie meal.

Now, of course, I don't normally eat quite so much, but it was purely a special night. I would go through the menu choices of all others at the table, but suffice to say that little Sam was filled to the gills as well but he did finish his cheesecake with chocolate sauce.

As you will note in the photo, Chuck isn't overly thrilled. The score is rather lopsided in Sam's favor - two years to zip. There was talk of the upcoming year, and Sam promised his loving uncle more of the same.

"Next year I might go with the chicken wings as an appetizer," he told me on the way home, "they are twenty cents more expensive than the shrimp."

As I finished my meal yesterday, I thought of paying off my bets to my brother, Jeff....year after year after freaking year...and I knew that there was a smile up above.

Jeff would really enjoy the trash talk coming out of Sam's mouth...

...and he definitely would have ordered the porterhouse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty