TGIFF

It used to be that I'd really look forward to Friday evening.

I'm not talking the get home, go out to dinner, then going clubbing deals. I'm talking hitting happy hour, a pork chop in every bottle type of drinkfest with friends from work, friends from college, friends from high school, friends who weren't even really friends.

Those days are long gone.

"You watching Grey's Anatomy?" I asked my beautiful wife.

"It's only Wednesday," she said.

I actually groaned.

The hours are the same. They didn't add any friggin hours to the week so how come the weeks seem so much longer right now?

"What're we doing this weekend?" I asked.

"Nothing."

"Perfect."

I actually couldn't imagine stopping for a drink these days.

A rum and coke?

The coke would keep me awake all night.

A few beers?

Bloated and even more tired.

I wandered around the house after my Grey's Anatomy question. There was something to do at every turn. The freaking lawn, the damn laundry, weed whack, garbage out...clean the storage room.

And as I wander around this morning a lot of people, in the same boat, will say the same thing when I say good morning.

"At least it's Friday," they will say.

At least it's Friday!

Why did it take a month to get here this week?

And yes, I know, there's an extra F in the title.

Comments

deafjeff said…
What's the extra 'F' stand for?

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie