The Great Pastime - Baseball Preview 2012

I watched opening day for the Yankees on Friday and after a long layoff from entertaining sports I was treated to a couple of long home runs, bases loaded 4 times, a squeeze bunt, a gun from left field to catch a runner at second, a blown save, some stolen bases, and a couple of close calls.

Great game.

Not the one I was watching, just the sport in general.

They couldn't even ruin it with steroids, for those of us who love it.

Anywho-ha...the season preview:

National League East:

The Phillies will still win it despite the fact that they can't hit a lick. 3 good starting pitchers gets it done in the pansy league. One thing for sure: the Mets won't win.

NL Central:

I like the Cardinals again. They could implode and lose it to Ryan Fraud and the Brewers or the Reds, but I think they'll hang on. One thing for sure: the Cubs won't win.

NL West:

Can you say Donnie Baseball? I think the Dodgers shock this division. The Padres are the crap team in this bunch.

NL Wild Cards:

Let's say San Francisco (I have a dog named Melky Cabrera and she'd be pissed if I didn't vote for the Giants), and the Reds.

NL Pennant Winner:

San Francisco Giants (Melky is watching me type this).

AL East:

Come on, now...the 27-time World Champion Yankees. Jeter and Rivera and Andy looking for number 6. One thing for sure: The Orioles suck again. Sorry Baltimorons.

AL Central:

If the Tigers lose this after spending a billion dollars this winter it'll be a miracle. Everyone else in the division blows.

AL West:

Texas Rangers. They are becoming a lot like the Buffalo Bills. Good all year...choke in the end. Worst team all year: The Oakland A's...make another movie about the little train that couldn't.

AL Wild Cards:

Angels and Rays. The Rays can pitch and their goofy manager is actually brilliant. The Angels spent a billion dollars too. That usually helps.

AL Pennant Winner:

The 27-Time World Champion Yankees, but it won't be easy.

World Series:

Sorry Melky...

Yankees in 5.

Clip it out and save it. I always get quite close on these predictions but that's because I'm lucky.

One thing is sure:

I have something to do nearly every night from now until November.

Thank God I don't have to watch toothless Canadians stand in front of the net and block shots with mattresses on for pads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie