Lisa, It's Your Birthday, Happy Birthday, Lisa

Remember when Michael Jackson was on the Simpsons and he sang the Happy Birthday Lisa song?

My brother Jeff used to really bust my chops with that song because back in college my close friend Lisa was never too far from my thoughts because I was mainly a drunken, goofy mess, and Lisa was the voice of reason.

She was like a mother to me and my drunken cohorts and I wonder how that makes Lisa feel all these years later as she is the mother to her son and daughter, and most likely to her husband, Frank, a real good dude who knows nothing at all about sports.

And I say Happy Birthday to Lisa today because I don't see her very often anymore, but because her friendship still means the world to me, and when we chat it's like time stood still.

Quite a few years ago, for my birthday, Frank and Lisa joined Kathy and me for a Bills football game. It was Bills-Dolphins and Frank was rooting for Miami.

I told you he lacks sports knowledge.

Anyway, the long ago weekend is fresh in my mind because the Bills and Dolphins tangled this weekend. We could have had tickets, there were 30,000 empty seats.

Things change. We've introduced children to the world. Our families, the Fazzolari's and the Zocco's seem fairly well-adjusted. Lisa deserves some credit for both happenings.

I know that my beautiful wife is grateful for Lisa's presence because if college had gone differently then the Erie, PA. prison rolls may have been littered with the names Fuzzy, George, Fluffy and Rosie.

Happy Birthday.

Have Frank take you to a Yankee game.

Maybe you can talk some sense into him too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie