Last Day!

If 2012 is it, as legend has it, we should really pile on tonight, huh?

Chances are, I really won't. It hasn't been that kind of year, and I'm closing it out with a lot on the agenda, and when that happens, I sleep lousy, get antsy, and act like a douche.

So..Happy New Year!!!

But realistically, I feel a good year coming on. I don't expect it, but I will take it if it comes down the pike.

And once more, we use this forum to talk ourselves into dwelling on the beautiful in what can sometimes be an ugly life.

So no talk of Sandusky or Syracuse. No mention of Lohan or the Kardashians.

Let's go with the idea that the faith and love that we have is quite enough for now.

Like the belief that God is in heaven and that He will eventually show the way. Let it Be. There will be an answer. Let it Be.

Like the love of a beautiful wife and wonderful children. They drive me up the freaking wall, but they make me laugh a lot too. And I am amazed by them, every day.

Like the belief that the 27-time World Champion Yankees will be the 28-Time Champion Yankees as the world explodes at the end of next year. The young pitching better work out!

Like the great dogs I have. I tell Melky every day. She's the best dog in the whole, wide world. She likes that.

Like the love of my friends...my extended family...and all the new people who will come into my life. That's what keeps you going, right?

All you need is love.

(There are them damn Beatles again).

So, as we contemplate. Perhaps eat a lot and drink a little.

Remember...stay hard, stay hungry, stay alive, if you can...

...and meet me in the dream of this hard land.

Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie