The Birthday Blog for Cort

My sister Corinne is a wonderful woman, full of laughter, sadness, expression and love. She is dedicated, loyal, strong, brilliant and celebratory. She loves the little things in life that other people routinely miss.

The little things she does mean the world to everyone she comes into contact with.

So there we are.

And there are so many stories that I could tell you. Stories that make me laugh out loud to myself as I consider all that went into forming the person she is today.

Like going to buy the shake and bake.

Like chasing us out of her rooms on Saturday mornings with a phrase that would make the anti-gay people in the world tremble in their pillowy slippers.

Like singing Mariah Carey in a falsetto voice that made my sister and me fall on the floor in laughter.

Like dancing with my boys in the parking lot at the Chinese Buffet in the dead of winter.

So many, many more.

But in the end its all about looking for, praying for and expecting guidance from your older sister.

And I don't have enough space in a daily blog to tell you all about that.

My siblings and I have shared so much, and we always counted on the love. When we were all together we laughed so much that others had to stare in wonder.

What the hell was in the sauce on Sundays that caused such lunacy?

Now that we are not together as much, we have had to struggle with our own feelings of grief and loss.

We've made it to the other side, probably closer, certainly sadder, but we can still laugh.

And laugh hard.

Because of our big sister. The larger than life example of strength...

...and love.

There were, at varied times a lot of other factors involved in the making of our family dynamic, but more than anything else, there was love in that sauce.

The sauce tastes different now that there is separation, but today on her 39th birthday I can say one thing:

Corinne is still the one with the spoon in her hand, stirring the sauce.

Comments

Cliff Fazzolari said…
Is this blog taking comments?

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie