Airing Dirty Laundry


I don't know about you but I really don't like advertising when I'm having a tough time in a relationship, and despite the fact that I write a blog every day, I honestly don't say a hell of a lot about things that are troublesome.

I was fascinated with the above sign that was posted in front of a real nice home not far from where I live. I don't really understand the message, I suppose, but I do get the angst and pain that went into what appears to be a 4 and a half year knockdown brawl.

Divorce appears to be a real pain in the ass. It also doesn't seem like much of a financial move, but I'm just above the poverty line in marriage while my wife is upper middle class, but hey, I don't air such grievances.

And you don't know whether or not to believe me anyway.

But it's true.

Anyhow...why advertise it? What is gained from such a sign? To embarass the other? Not a lot of respect there. Perhaps that's why the divorce happened.

Revenge is a powerful urge.

Also, last night at the hockey game a middle-aged man that sat directly behind us and commented on every play screamed out a harsh obscentity to a Washington player.

My wife and kids were there. There were a lot of wives and kids there. The guy may have been sipping beer. The guy he was screaming at most certainly didn't hear him.

Why scream out the mother of all words in such a situation? Who is he impressing?

I made a half-turn and Kathy caught my eye as if to tell me to let it go.

I did, but not before at least shaking my head in displeasure. It may have worked too because the guy cleaned it up as he continued his running commentary.

But it's Christmas-time people. Can't we respect each other even a little?

I really wonder about the man who rented this sign and the woman who is now free to chase diamonds elsewhere.

I bet it's a great story.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Looks like she is advertising that she is available. Not that any guy in his right mind would date a woman who takes out a sign like that.
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Really, you think she rented the sign? I couldn't make heads or tails of it.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie