The Number 23

The address to this website is Fazzolari23.blogspot.com.

That isn't a mistake.

Whenever I program something into the microwave it has a 23 in it. Need to heat something up?

1 minute and 23 seconds will do it.

It's the first number I pick on the quick-pick for the lottery. I don't use it for passwords though because that would be too obvious.

Because, you see, my favorite baseball player of all-time wore #23. Donnie Baseball.

And I shared the love of that number with my brother Jeff. We fought over the number on our softball team. We played Captain Says Shoot for it.

Guess who won.

We used it as our calling card.

So, why am I bringing it up now?

Well, I have been glancing at the clock lately and the number always seems to be 23. I woke in the morning, pulled the clock to me: 5:23.

Driving along, I look up wondering how much time I have to make it to an appointment: 10:23.

It's driving me crazy!

It's happened ten times in the last two days.

I set my GPS for a destination this morning. I was glad to see that it was 7:14 when I did it.

"At least there isn't a 23," I whispered.

The details of the trip came back to me.

Yep...223 miles.

If Jeff is taunting me...

...it's working.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie