Man, the Dope Is That There's Still Hope.

The only possible news that could have lifted my spirits yesterday was that Springsteen was coming out with a new album and touring the country in the near future.

So he announced on his website that it was exactly what was happening.

It's just music. He's just our family's favorite artist. He did what he could.

So, this morning, I put on the E Street station and headed out on a long trip, thinking of my uncle and writing his eulogy. I don't want to write it. I never wanted to write it. I will though because I can't help my aunt around the house in the near future as my other brothers or even my wife can.

So, I'll do what I can.

And as I drove I thought of my brother John and the fact that today is his birthday. A wake is a crummy place to spend your birthday. I hoped Bruce could help a little.

At noon they started the concert for the day. They play an entire concert from start to finish. I needed a full show. As they were announcing the venue and the date I was hoping that it was a newer show because Bruce just had so much more music to choose from. I wanted some of the newer stuff mixed in.

From HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY from November 22, 2009.

That would work just fine. It was a show that a lot of us attended. It goes without saying that it was a great show. They played all of Greetings from Asbury Park.

I concentrated on the lyrics. (Listen to the words!) even though I knew them all by heart.

"Man, the dope's that there's still hope."

Over and over I sang that lyric.

Thanks, Bruce, again, for reminding me.

At a rest stop I texted my brother to let him know they were replaying the show.

"No kidding," he texted back.

I know two people who had their spirits lifted on a cold, gray day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty