Just Watching T.V.

Man I've logged some television hours this past week. In a glimpse into the future, I've tried hard to stay grounded. Like an elderly man, I've put down a few things on a daily schedule and those things have really grated on me during the course of the day, until I get them done.

So, what kind of television has been on?

True crime dramas. Not certain what station it is - 104 on our cable box - but it replays the 48 hours and dateline deals. Lots of husband killing wives and vice-versa. They do them in mystery form. The I Almost Got Away with it ones are good too, but too many shows like that over and over makes it difficult.

The brain goes to mush.

So then there are the Westerns. Bonanza, Gunsmoke, Rawhide. We've been over this...good morals...good stories...simpler times, but the guns and horses and all that, sooner or later, the brain goes to mush.

So switch to the comedies. Seen them all over time. Big Bang, Two & a Half Men, Friends. The simple plots, the quick wit, the crazy antics...

Mush-mind.

But here I sit. Notebook and laptop ready for writing. Facebook and Twitter for the arguing with friends.

All mush.

The kids have entertained me though. We've had a lot of time to joke around, and I sort of like them. My mind is active when they are in the room.

Two more weeks of laying low. I will certainly amp up the schedule for the coming two weeks, but I'll be careful too. No way this leg will take another surgery.

So here I sit. For the time being.

Just watching t.v.

Comments

pcorwin said…
Glad to hear that you are behaving yourself. Getting my other knee done on the 30th...
Cliff Fazzolari said…
Good luck to my best friend, Pat!

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie