Surely, You Can't Be Serious...

...I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Leslie Nielson is dead at 84. Think of him without smiling. The Airplane movies, the Naked Gun series.Frank Drebin with Nordberg.Whatever happened to the guy who played Nordberg?

Oh yeah, he murdered a couple of people.

Anyway, I always enjoyed Leslie Nielson's comedy. Funny man. Silly movies. The definition of entertainment.

And speaking of entertainment, The Bills have been fun to watch over the last six weeks, haven't they? Three overtime losses, a couple of wins...a far cry from the start of the year. They are actually entertainers.

Yet yesterday one of the receivers dropped a ball that I might have been able to catch. The throw hit Steve Johnson in the hands, went off his chest, and landed in the end zone. They would have won the game. The city would've gone crazy this morning as they would have earned a win over the mighty Steelers.

There was no good reason why the ball shouldn't have been caught. Seriously, throw it up like that, leave me that wide open, get me to the spot, and I could have caught it, oh 3 out of 10 times.

He dropped it. So what? No one to blame,right? Try again next week.

But you know who Johnson blamed in a tweet after the game?

God!

He blamed God! Asking God why He did that to him when he (Johnson) praises God 24/7!

Are you kidding me?

Not sure if God was watching yesterday, or if he is a Bills fan, but you have to stay away from Twitter if you aren't aware enough to not blame a dropped ball on the force you believe created the entire universe.

How does that conversation in heaven go?

St. Peter: Yo, God, the Bills are going to win. Our prize pupil Stevie Johnson is about ready to catch the winning touchdown pass.

God: Actually, you know what would be funny? Watch this!

God and St.Peter check out the monitor. The ball lands in the end zone as the fans groan.

God: I can't wait to get his Tweet tonight!

St. Peter: Surely you are a vengeful God.

God: I'm not vengeful...and stop calling me Shirley.

Comments

deafjeff said…
Hey it's about time someone blamed Him. They all give Him all the credit when they manage to tie their shoes correctly, about time He got some blame for someone sucking.
And Nordberg was falsely accused. Someone keeps telling me that.

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie