Leave Willie Nelson Alone

Now I know that the laws are written for all of us and that many lives have been ruined by drug abuse, but can't we leave Willie Nelson alone?

The man is 77 years old. He wears a handkerchief and sings songs while strumming a guitar and making no excuses for his love of smoking pot.

He's also a very funny dude who is always great in interviews, took a beating for not paying his taxes, and built a golf course on his own property.

I will never forget the interview in which he stated that he played golf under his own terms.

The 60 Minutes reporter asked him what he meant as they walked the course.

"It's my course so I set the par on each hole," he said. "For instance, I set par on this hole at 8 even though regulation courses might put it at a par 4, and let me tell you, yesterday I birdied that sucker."

Willie isn't hurting anyone. He was busted coming back from a concert with 6 ounces of pot on the tour bus. I doubt he was selling it. It was for his own consumption.

Now I'm not advocating legalizing drugs. I don't know where I fall in on that. Making drugs more available might be the ruination of us all, but I do know (from personal experience) that people like to sometimes step out of the frame of mind their in. My drug of choice is alcohol. It relaxes me sometimes. Willie's is dope.

Making everything illegal would be pointless.People would spin in a circle on their front lawn to get dizzy if that was all that was available to them.

I don't know. He's 77 years old. Are they going to toss him in the can for carrying his own personal lawn spin around with him?

"I birdied that sucker."

He had to be high.

Comments

deafjeff said…
That's it! I have a new goal. I want a golf course that I set par on and enough weed to enjoy it!
chris said…
Ah man I just settle for playing with Willie! I'd finally finish a non scramble with an under- score! & be high enuff with Willie to enjoy golf like Tiger!)

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie