The Rapper & the 6-Year Old

I can't believe it's November already...

Encouraging news from the hospital...keep up the good fight, Jake...

And yesterday was Halloween. The world's dumbest holiday. I never liked it, but yesterday it was even more haggard as we had pasta during the latest Bills loss (happens every week) and then my niece brought her children over for a trip around the block dressed in their costumes.

As everyone was dragging from the weekend at the hospital, it was even more tiring, but little kids bring an energy...and bring it...and bring it...and bring it.

Dylan was the four year old and I watched as he ran from room to room, and when he wasn't running he was spinning in a circle, just missing stepping on his seven-month old sister Layla, screaming, chasing his cousins...running, yelling, jumping.

I'm getting old. It doesn't appear to be fun anymore to chase kids from room to room. As a matter of fact, I wasn't enamored with it when my kids were young.

And they aren't young anymore. They didn't want much to do with the Halloween experience.

Sam dressed as a rapper by turning his hat to the side, yanking his pants down and doing a walk and trash talk that made my skin crawl. He can sing the garbage that Emminem sings and to his delight and my aggravation, he sang it.

So, we have dirty dishes, a 4 year old spinning in a circle, dogs barking, a rapper, the smell of a new born, a nephew in the hospital, the Bills game on in the background, and nary a shot of whiskey in the house...and here comes Jake.

"Where's your costume?" I asked.

"I'm wearing it."

What he was wearing was a piece of notebook paper with a note that said, "I'm 6 years old."

"That's it?"

"I'm thinking of getting on my knees when I get to the door," he said.

"Perfect!"

When the kids returned I rifled through the bags looking for a Reese's Cup or a Butterfinger. I was busted by Dylan as I searched through the bag.

"Hey that's my candy! Get your own!"

I actually thought about going to my room and stapling a note to my chest that said, "I am a lunatic."

I would've won costume of the year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie