Be Thankful

Last Sunday I sat next to my mother in church. For anyone who knows my mother, you are quite aware that she is an unbelievably strong woman who certainly has been tied to the whipping post lately, and still she is trying to wear a brave face.

Yet Sunday the priest made a comment about how excited he was that we were going to finally have the chance to Thank God for all that he's done for us.

"That's a good one," my mother whispered to me.

I laughed, turned to her, and she shrugged at me with tears in her eyes.

Thankful? Are you freaking kidding me?

But, despite it all, there are things out there that we should be thankful for. My thoughts immediately go to my beautiful wife and my wonderful children, of course. Oh, yeah and my brothers and sisters and friends and family members.

Knowing the dark side, I understand that it is important to enjoy the ride. The people in my life have helped me do that over and over again.

I'm thankful that I am still relatively healthy although I may replace a knee tendon on my own, out back after turkey and Jameson's today.

And I can always find enough to eat and drink...that's a good deal...in fact, through the years I often found myself grossly over served.

Ah well, part of that ride.

I'm thankful that I'm not a red suck fan, or a Mets fan, or any of those other pretend teams.

I'm thankful that my dogs are healthy and that they never ran into Michael Vick.

(Saw an interview with him a couple days ago...he said if he didn't get caught he'd probably still be killing dogs...'cause he didn't know it was wrong!)

Seriously??????

Ah well, again....I'm thankful I'm not him.

And I'm real thankful for my mother and the fact that I still have the opportunity to sit beside her at church and shake our heads at some of the crap thrown at us.

I tell you, between my wife, my mother, and my sisters....I am surrounded by brilliant women...how can you not Thank God for that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty