Freaking Snow & Obama Gets Blasted

So Mr. President took 12 stitches when elbowed during a pickup basketball game. The shocking part of the story for me is that it was the fifth of five full-court games. Isn't he older than me? If I tried to participate in such a tourney I'd be leaving the court on a stretcher.

Good for him, I suppose, but the economy blows, North Korea is blasting missiles, Afghanistan is still hot, Iraq is still going, and Sarah Palin is out stumping. How do you wrap your mind around a good, clean box-out when all that crap is going on?

The snow on the ground didn't exactly comfort me this morning either. It's been nine months since it last snowed here in Buffalo, but I certainly dread the cold because I don't know when it will be nice again. There is the potential that the crap weather could stretch until May.

I know a lot of people who get excited by the first snowfall too. Really? There are the winter wonderland songs that make it seem so charming, but in your life have you slid off the road more times than you've made a snowman?

I have.

Have you shivered from the cold, or shook the frostbite out of your hands more times than you've stood out in the yard trying to catch a snowflake on your tongue?

I have.

Have you tried to scrape the ice off your windshield, or cleaned the windshield of your car with your coat sleeve more times than you've drank warm cider while singing songs about the beauty of the snow.

I have.

As I get older it seems to me that snow blows and people who claim to love, love, love it, are just plain lying.

I'd rather get busted in the mouth by a stray elbow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie