Women & Children's Hospital Signing


I had a blast today at the speech and book signing at the Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo.

I was introduced by a neurosurgeon who told me that he admires me, and that he loves my books. So, I have that going for me.

Here is a little of my speech.

"I stand before you today thinking about the fact that my son ran in the Susan G. Komen race, beating me by a full 12 minutes, just nine years after a severely life-threatening operation. When I finally crossed the finish line, he called me 'a mess.'

"And that is the miracle of his survival. He was Blessed by God, for sure, but he was also Blessed by a team of people who researched, did their jobs, and cared enough to send him home to us. The miracle of love and dedication is a miracle that we all live with every day."

"Now, please visualize this next part with me. Close your eyes and concentrate."

I paused long enough for those in attendance to get their eyes closed.

"So, I'm in the shower one morning, and I'm thinking about the nurse's here at the hospital."

I got a good laugh.

"And it occurred to me to write the book House of Miracles."

Anyway, that's how it went. I signed a hundred books, shook a lot of hands, and had a few brain surgeons tell me that they thought I was all right.

Being a geek writer pays off from time to time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty