Loose Change

Woke with a stiff neck...couldn't turn my head to the left...cursed the pain all day...and wondered about the turn around.

As luck might have it, Bruce was on the radio. The Rising.

Can't see nothing in front of me. Can't see nothing coming up behind. Make my way through the darkness, can't feel nothing but these chains that bind me. Lost track of how far I've gone. How far I've gone, how high I've climbed.

Thanks for the pick me up Brucester.

Headed to the chiropractor. Thought about the fact that the guy does the same thing as Alan Harper on Two and a Half Men. Wondered if he ever heard about that from his friends.

The adjustment didn't take long. I remembered the episode where Alan was cracking the old man's back and the old man let one loose. Tried hard not to do that.

Bruce was on the radio again when I got back in the car. Go figure. The stereo is set to E-Street radio.

Hardly ever a bad song gets played.

Loose Change comes on.

Sitting at a red light I feel something ticking way down. The night's moving like a slow train, crawling through this shit hole town. I got my bags packed in the back and I'm trying to get going again. But green goes to red and red goes to green and then, I hear the clock on the dash tick-tocking, loose change in my pocket.

Okay, so Bruce doesn't want to play pick Cliff up today.

Maybe tomorrow. Ice the neck time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Hot & Dusty