What's With Kids These Days?

I came home from work today to see Matt, an able-bodied 15-year-old sitting on the couch in the air conditioning, wrapped in a blanket and watching an old movie. He was sipping green tea and he nodded at me as I dropped my car keys.

"What did you do to help today?" I asked.

He paused for a long moment, blinked his eyes a couple of times and said, "Absolutely nothing, and yet, I'm tired. Isn't that ironic?"

I thought about ripping him off the couch, but instead, I laughed.

"Maybe you can mow the lawn tonight?" I said.

"No can do," he answered. "I'm going to watch the Bills practice tonight."

Last week at Cedar Point as we waited on line for a ride, Kathy decided that Sam would ride with me and Jake would ride with her. The two boys took to discussing it, with Sam having the final word.

"You should ride with Dad," he told Jake. "You like him better than I do."

Beautiful! Every day there's something new with my three sons. Yet they are going to have to go a long way before topping the line from Jake back when he was about 4 years old.

Kathy was giving Sam a bath as Jake and I played a video game. Over the rush of the bath water, Kathy yelled out, "Sam found his pee-pee!"

Jake looked to me and with a straight face said - "He found his pee-pee? Where was it?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie