Opinions, Opinions, Opinions

Spent a few days on the road and in the words of Bob Seger, got tired of the sound of my own voice... so I'll throw a few things out there for you:

1). Thank God the Americans won the gold back in basketball. It's our sport, we invented it and we play it best. That much is true, but in the end, I couldn't tell if I was happier for the alleged rapist, the alleged drug dealer, the alleged wife-beater, or the alleged armed marauder. They are all equal, I suppose - how can we not be proud?

2). Joe Biden is the choice for Obama - a lot of people guessed it might be Hilliary, but in the end anyone-but Hilliary was probably the sound choice. Bush-Clinton-Bush-Clinton would have been too much to take - how many families are there in this country? And we can only find candidates from two?

3). Why do they name hurricanes with such sweet sounding names? Think of it - Hurricane Fay is hitting land - they make it sound like Aunt Fay is bringing by a Bundt cake. Why don't we name them nasty? Hurricane Hitler is descending on the coast. Hurricane Manson touched down today. Katrina, Fay, Andrew... they all sound too nice. Hurricane OJ makes more sense.

4). I'm an average golfer who would much rather shank one with a beer in my hand then pretend that I'm Tiger on the 18th green at the Master's. I spent the day on the links again yesterday and watched as one guy after another held their putter in the air, crouched down to read the green, and took seven practice swings while addressing the ball. It is my humble opinion that Tiger ruined golf for those of us who like to wind up and swing hard, and look for balls in the woods, and chase geese with the cart, and unhook the bags of the other guys in the foursome. "How about a little etiquette?" one of the men in front of us growled. "How about a Mich Light, Mickelson?" my cart partner answered.

5). My two night stay also took place in Syracuse where they are having the State Fair - the hotel where I normally stay for $75 a night was charging $195? Supply and demand, I suppose, but can't that be considered price gouging? For $195 a night there better be breakfast in bed served by six bikini clad co-eds. I didn't make it over to the fair, either, so I missed the new governor, Hilliary eating a sausage sandwich, and the return of the Village People.

6). Saw a story about a man who beat his 15-month old child to death. Of course, he explained that the child fell down the stairs, but CSI figured it out. The weapon was the man's fist. How is it possible to get to such a place?

In a related story the man who choked the 85-year old woman, and stole her purse in a cramped elevator (watch that video on YouTube if you must) apologized. He explained it away by saying that it wasn't his fault that he got hooked on crack at an early age and that he was just trying to finance his hobby. In a great quote - the woman said - "I can't accept the apology. He should be ashamed of himself."

Rock and Roll Lyric of the day: (Someone name the artist and the song and the album it came off of)

"My feets were flyin' down the street just the other night
When a Hong Kong special pulled up at the light.
What was inside, man was just c'est magnifique,
I wanted to hold the bumper and let her drag me down the street."

Comments

deafjeff said…
crush on you. B. How was the golf?

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie