Jesus the Moth

I don't make this stuff up - I swear. In a town called Pittsburgh, Texas a man found a moth who he swears looks like Jesus. The man, Kirk Harper, showed the moth to all of the news outlets, and I'll be damned, it does have a resemblance. There in the wings of the moth you can see the beard, the face, the striking pose.

"People see Jesus in Cheetos, and in grilled cheese sandwiches, but this is special," Harper claimed.

The news team went so far as to interview Brother James Jordan for the story - and Jesus the Moth is the talk of the town. Jordan said that he wouldn't bow down and praise the moth and cautioned against believing in a creation as opposed to believing in the creator.

I'm trying to figure out what to make of it. In the back of my mind, as I watched the video footage, I thought that I probably would have squashed that moth without even giving it a second glance.

I've always felt that people see the face of Mary in a potato chip because they need to see it. I've never taken the time to really study my grilled cheese sandwich before I dunk it in tomato soup, but I may have to change my way of thinking.

The other question that popped into my head was that maybe all moths have a picture of Jesus on them. Has anyone really looked at a moth the way Mr. Harper did?

And now what of the moth? Will they display it at the county fair? Will it make Harper a millionaire? He certainly has his 15 minutes of fame, and he seems intent on spreading the Good News.

Makes you curious, doesn't it? Let's all study where else Jesus has been spotted through the years?

Finally, what is the message? What is that moth trying to tell us? Jesus, help me understand!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie