What’s Wrong With People?

Wander Franco is the shortstop of the Tampa Rays - he’s on leave for having a number of relationships with children.

“That’s what they do in the Dominican Republic.”

I’ve heard that more than once.

Then I read an article about a banished Fredonia philosophy professor who lost his job because he wondered whether a relationship with a “willing” 12-year-old is morally wrong!

Jeffrey Epstein was hung in a jail cell because he had an island where prominent men would go for the hobby of exploiting young girls.

There’s a massive allegation against a former ‘president’ about the rape of a 13-year-old.

I asked it in the title:

“What is wrong with these people?”

I can’t even fathom such a scenario, and a philosophy professor questions whether it’s fair game or not?

A grown ass man or woman and a child?

Every year we hear about a dozen stories about a teacher and a student.

I remember being a kid.

I didn’t have a clue what the hell end was up about anything until I was about twenty.

I pretended but I didn’t always make healthy decisions, and if an adult would’ve taken advantage…

…it screws a kid up!

Kids in that situation have their lives destroyed before they even know what the hell is going on.

In the baseball circles there are fans of Franco who are saying:

“Well, he’s only 22. The girl is 14. That’s not that much of an age difference.”

The hell it’s not!

He should never see the field again if the allegations are true, and the philosophy professor who brought up the question?

I get questioning things…

…but…

…one more time…

…what the hell is wrong with people?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie