Sun Comes Up

What a wild couple of weeks.

A friend who passed away.

A bout with Covid, and then more medical issues for Kathy.

I’ve been battling insomnia again, and work has been weird.

I’m a creature of immense habits, so when I get knocked off my plan, I feel off.

I had to travel East this morning, and then head back to help Kathy as she tries to recover from a scare.

I left the house around 5:30 in the morning and watched the sun come up. 

A clear sky.

About a thousand birds all traveling in a pattern just below the emerging sun.

“It comes up,” I thought.

And I thought about others who are grieving something this morning. Still others who are battling health or money or other difficulties.

And in that split-second, I saw the astounding beauty of that wonderful sunrise.

I thought about snapping a photo of it, but didn’t even reach for the phone.

Sometimes it’s about just enjoying seeing something without having to capture it and post it somewhere.

The photo wouldn’t have done it justice anyway. 

Was just a sunrise, right?

Happens everyday and we usually miss seeing it.

Some of the stress of the past few days slid off me as I watched those birds move across the perfect sky.

The sun comes up.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie