Feels Like the 1980’s

I went to sleep on Tuesday night reading the new Stephen King book, ‘Holly.’

The first thought I had on Wednesday morning was that I needed to listen to the brand-spanking-new Rolling Stones song, ‘Angry.’

Both the album and the novel are off to rousing starts. 

Stephen King does great characters and Mick and Keith sound as great as ever.

Springsteen is also in Syracuse tonight…

…just to make the 1980’s feel complete.

We aren’t going to make it to Bruce tonight because Kathy is still recovering.

She didn’t take the news of missing the Syracuse concert very well.

“I need to see him!” Kathy wailed.

So, we made a plan.

We’re going to Phoenix to see Bruce in late November.

That was an easy sell. 

Kathy loves Arizona and we have always had a great time restaurant hopping in Scottsdale.

And of course, I’m growing concerned about the fact that Stephen King has written most of the books that he’s going to write in his amazing career.

Mick Jagger is 80 years old.

Bruce turns 74 in a couple of weeks, and his tour, this time around is a show that’s centered around capturing moments from his career and running it smack dab into his own mortality.

I can’t truly consider a world without Mick, Bruce and Stephen King making new art.

A good week in my world.

So, Bruce in Arizona it is.

And we laughed about the first time that Kathy went to see Bruce.

On the way to the show she mentioned, “He’s okay.”

On the way out she said, “I would watch him sing every night for the rest of my life.”

It will be show number 36 for me.

Kathy has gone more than 20 times now.

Sometimes it feels good to be back in the 1980’s.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie