The Universe

Through the years I’ve heard people say:

“The universe will balance things out.”

It’s a comforting thought, and one that allows oneself to think:

“Clean living will allow me to bounce back here.”

It’s horseshit.

People don’t get what they deserve. Instant Karma doesn’t come to get you.

If that were true there’d be a jail cell with a huge orange occupant.

All the people on death row would have a debilitating disease that involves suffering.

For example!

I did the right thing and turned down all invites for golf this weekend because Kathy has Covid and couldn’t deal with the pets, eating, etc….and would’ve sat alone as she battled it.

Universe owes me, right?

Spent some time outside - push mowed the lawn - I’ve always kind of liked mowing.

I finished up and my left leg hurt.

A weird hurt.

It was burning, and was swelling up.

I figured I just planted wrong and I’d rest it and that would be that.

Woke up at 3:13 a.m., and scratched my leg until about 3:25.

It dawned on me.

“I got stung or bit by something!”

The universe!

“Ha-ha-ha, asshole! How was golf?”

Cortisone and Benadryl.

And the thing about bee stings or inspect bites…

…when I was a kid I’d get stung constantly. Never once swelled up.

Not anymore!

Just the universe balancing crap out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie