Sick!

Felt a little weird on Friday. 

I played it off as just being over-tired, but when I woke up in the middle of the night…

…drenched in sweat and with a pounding headache…

…SICK!

I first thought of Covid. I’ve never officially had it. Could it be?

Then I thought of Sunday morning golf.

“I have 27 hours to feel better.”

My third thought was about my duties around the house.

I’m the one person who needs to keep going around here.

Before I could sit up and evaluate how lousy I felt Ollie was there with a ball.

It was four in the morning!

“Might be a quiet day, buddy,” I told him.

I live by a single creed.

“Suck it up and tough it out and do the best you can.”

By 7:30, Ollie was catching passes off the garage. The headache was gone but I was battling to make the throws.

I stayed awake until 10:00 and then took a long nap.

“You aren’t going to be able to play tomorrow,” Kathy said.

“You don’t know me very well,” I said.

“Just take it easy today, would you?” Kathy asked.

And so, I tried.

Laid low most of the day.

Ollie wasn’t quite as considerate as I thought he’d be…

…I threw for him a few times.

Can’t take the ENTIRE day off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Suits

My Buddy, Dave

Mom & Ollie